California Has It All
This week we explore California, where families, couples and friends will all discover the perfect vacation. Be it skiing or surfing, or both in the same day, California has it all!
San Francisco is everybody's favourite city, due to its scenic beauty, cultural attractions, diverse communities, and world-class cuisine. Measuring 49 square miles, this very walkable city is dotted with landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, Alcatraz and the largest Chinatown in the United States. A stroll of the city's streets can lead from Union Square to North Beach to Fisherman's Wharf, with intriguing neighborhoods to explore at every turn. Visit one of the many fascinating museums, sample the nightlife, or enjoy the shopping at Pier 39 and in Union Square.
Located just 30 miles from San Francisco, Sonoma County is America's premier wine, spa and coastal destination, featuring more than 250 wineries, over 100 organic farms, and 50 miles of stunning Pacific coast.
Must-sees in Sonoma include Farm to Fork Restaurants such as ZaZu, which raise their own livestock and produce, world class wineries such as Kendall Jackson which offer food and wine pairings, excellent breweries and a wide variety of destination spas. Outdoor adventures, such as hiking and kite flying, complete the picture.
Not to mention California's spectacular beaches – for example in Santa Barbara, which offers endless fun for families and endless recreational options. The dining is outstanding, the shopping superb and the artistic and cultural scene world-class.
And Long Beach is where the action begins and the fun never ends. From the regal Queen Mary and spectacular Aquarium of the Pacific to stirring Broadway shows, it's all there and all centrally located.
Check out these web sites for more information:
For San Francisco:
For Sonoma County:
For Santa Barbara:
For Long Beach:
Listen to the show this Saturday for your chance to win a trip for two to California including the following:
San Francisco Prize Package:
- A three-night stay at the Grand Hyatt Union Square: www.grandsanfrancisco.hyatt.com
- Two "Admiral's Passes" (choice of Champagne Brunch Cruise; Lunch Cruise; or Dinner Dance Cruise) on Hornblower Cruises: www.hornblower.com
- A "Local Tastes of the City Tour" for two: www.sffoodtour.com
- Bay City Bike Rental for two: www.baycitybike.com
- Two tickets to the Muir Woods & Wine Country Tour and the "Total Yosemite Experience Tour" courtesy of Extranomical Adventures: www.extranomical.com
- Two tickets to Beach Blanket Babylon: www.beachblanketbabylon.com
- Two San Francisco CityPasses: www.citypass.com
- Two round-trip BART passes from San Francisco: www.bart.gov
- Cruisin' The Castro Street Tour for two: www.cruisinthecastro.com
- San Francisco Bay Whale Watching for two: www.sfbaywhalewatching.com
- Lunch for two at the Waterbar: www.waterbarsf.com
- Two tickets to the new Contemporary Jewish Museum: www.thecjm.org
Sonoma County Prize Package:
- A three-night stay at a private wine country retreat from All Seasons Vacation Suites: www.allseasonsvacationsuites.com
- Free VIP tasting for 2 at Landmark Vineyards: www.landmarkwine.com
- Family Wineries of Dry Creek Valley free tasting for 2 at 6 wineries: www.familywines.com
- Free Wine Tasting Flight for 2 at Stonestreet Winery: www.stonestreetwines.com
- Free tour and tasting at Simi Winery for 2: www.simiwinery.com
- Free wine tasting for 2 at Seghesio Family Vineyards: www.seghesio.com
- Free tasting for 2 at Kendall-Jackson Wine Center: www.kj.com
- Free tasting at Paradise Ridge and 15% discount on wine purchases: www.prwinery.com
For your chance to win, phone into the show at 416-872-1010, 1-800-561-CFRB or *TALK on your cell, or send your question any time this week by entering the contest here online.