|You can be sure of a warm welcome in Fort Worth, the “City of Cowboys and Culture.” New hotel offerings, restaurants and exciting tourism venues are enhancing the city’s reputation as one of the premier travel destinations in the United States.
The 16th-largest city in the United States, Fort Worth boasts a mix of preserved Western heritage and unrivalled artistic offerings. It’s the only city in the world where you can study Michelangelo’s first painting, walk between five world-class museums and also see a twice-daily cattle drive.
Named the # 4 value friendly destination in the United States by Hotwire.com, Fort Worth attracts more than 5 million visitors each year. Visitors can explore the legendary Stockyards National Historic District, the world-class Cultural District, downtown’s Sundance Square entertainment district, Texas Motor Speedway, the top-ranked Fort Worth Zoo, and so much more. For more information, visit www.FortWorth.com.
No trip to Fort Worth is complete without sampling true cowboy cuisine. Chef Jon Bonnell - born and raised in Fort Worth - exemplifies the highest standards of Texas gourmet dining. He grew up hunting, fishing and cooking with his parents and family, and his childhood pastimes would soon become his culinary inspirations. Jon opened his own signature restaurant, Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine, in 2001. Tasting Chef Jon Bonnell's cuisine is an experience found nowhere else. Texas foods are transformed into fine cuisine that is enhanced with regional Creole, Southwestern and Mexican spices. Salivate at www.bonnellstexas.com
The 22nd edition of the Red Steagall Cowboy Gathering & Western Swing Festival will take place in the Fort Worth Stockyards, National Historic District, October 26-28, 2012. Celebrating the best of the west, the event brings the top in music, cowboys, chuck wagon cooks, poets and more. Enjoy the unique vendor and trappings show, catch a horsemanship clinic or grab a seat at one of the Ranch Rodeo performances. Listen to youth poetry and watch the youth fiddling contests. There’s a Cowboy Gospel Concert, Western Swing Dances and more! Check out www.redsteagallcowboygathering.com
“About Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” runs from October 13, 2012 to March 24, 2013 at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. Discover the compelling human stories told through authentic artifacts and recreations of the ship's interior. “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” features hundreds of artifacts and painstakingly recreated rooms and details. You will experience Titanic's voyage from launch to tragic ending, to modern-day recovery and restoration efforts. Your journey will be educational, emotional and appropriate for all ages. Visit www.fwmuseum.org
Fort Worth Trip Showcase
- Fly to Fort Worth on Air Canada. Air Canada offers three non-stop flights from Toronto to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, with convenient connections from Montreal. When you choose Air Canada to Texas, you can enjoy Air Canada’s award winning service, personal in-flight entertainment at every seat, and Air Canada’s renowned Executive class.
- Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn-Medical Center Hotel, minutes from downtown Fort Worth and conveniently located near the Fort Worth Stockyards, the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, and Fort Worth Zoo.
- Have a delicious gourmet Texan meal at Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine. And visit Billy Bob’s Texas – the world’s largest Honky Tonk - for authentic cowboy entertainment, dancing and food.
- Complete your cowboy experience at the Stockyards Championship Rodeo – every Friday and Saturday in the Fort Worth Stockyards, National Historic District - and at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame.
- Fort Worth has so many cultural attractions as well. The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History is dedicated to lifelong learning and presents creative, vibrant programs and exhibits interpreting science and the stories of Texas and the Southwest. As well as special exhibitions such as “About Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” (October 26-28, 2012) the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History offers extensive permanent exhibitions, the Omni Theatre IMAX and the Noble Planetarium.
- And the Fort Worth Zoo has been rated one of the top five zoos in the USA by US Travel Guide and is always worth a visit. Recent births include a greater one-horned rhino and a baby giraffe.
Photo Credits: Photo credits: Fort Worth CVB, The Kimbell Art Museum and the Red Steagall Cowboy Gathering and Western Swing Festival