Massachusetts – It's all Here!
This week on the Travel Show – Massachusetts – a diverse state that boasts "It's All Here!" ...and just an hour and a half by direct flight from Montreal. Year round it's ideal for weekend getaways or longer vacations.
With representatives from the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism we will take a look at Boston - a vibrant waterfront city with fascinating cultural neighbourhoods and world-class museums and architecture. Plus who can't resist the lure of Fenway Park – home of the Red Sox.
Travel to Cape Cod with its fine beaches with sand dunes, bike trails and visit the coastal cities of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard just a short ferry ride away. The Annual Provincetown Jazz Festival is one more reason to visit Massachusetts and Tanglewood in The Berkshires is the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra with the Boston Pops!
We will visit the rich in history town of Salem and the Greater Merrimack Valley that is steeped in Revolutionary War history – plus literary connections. Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Nathaniel Hawthorne all slept here.
Listen to the show this Saturday for your chance to win a fabulous trip for two to Massachusetts with flights from Montreal and a fantastic Massachusetts experience including:
- 2 nights 3 days at The Lighthouse Inn on the ocean
- $25 Gift certificate at the Skipper Restaurant
- 2 Round Trip Tickets on the Island Queen to Martha's Vineyard from Falmouth Harbor.
- 2 Passes to the Heritage Museum & Gardens in Sandwich.
- 2 night stay in Lambert's Cove Inn
- Dinner at The Sweet Life Café in Oak Bluffs.
- Round trip ferry tickets on the Steamship Authority from Woods Hole to the Vineyard
- Sightseeing tour of the Island
- Passes to the Martha's Vineyard Museum
- A subscription to Cape Cod Life Magazine, t-shirts, a Vineyard DVD, a guide book, and the Vineyard Experience book.
For your chance to win, phone into the show at 514-790-0991, 1-800-491-CJAD, or *TALK on your cell, or by entering the contest here online.
Home page Boston Harbor Skyline: Greater Boston CVB
Menemsha Harbor, Chilmark: Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism
Edgartown Light: Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism
Commonwealth Avenue, Boston: Greater Boston CVB
Tanglewood, Summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Lenox: Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism
North Bridge, Concord: Jim Higgins
Old State House, Boston: Greater Boston CVB